Date: January 10, 2022
Updated consumer fact sheets about HIV treatment are now available on HIVinfo. The treatment for HIV is called. ART cannot cure HIV but helps people with HIV live longer, healthier lives. ART also reduces the risk of HIV . The updated fact sheets provide important information regarding treatment for people with HIV. Each fact sheet includes a summary of key points and links to additional information and resources.
View the updated fact sheets:
- HIV Treatment: The Basics
- Just Diagnosed: Next Steps After Testing Positive for HIV
- When to Start HIV Medicines
- What to Start: Choosing an HIV Treatment Regimen
- Drug Resistance
- HIV Treatment Adherence
- Following an HIV Treatment Regimen: Steps to Take Before and After Starting HIV Medicines
- What is a Drug Interaction?
- HIV and Immunizations
Visit the Understanding HIV section of the HIVinfo website to browse the complete collection of HIVinfo’s consumer education materials, including fact sheets, infographics, and an HIV glossary.
Visit https://HIVinfo.NIH.gov/es/home-page to view the fact sheets in Spanish.