December 1: NIH World AIDS Day Event
To commemorate World AIDS Day 2022, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of AIDS Research (OAR) will host the NIH World AIDS Day 2022 Virtual Event: Progress and Promise in HIV Research. The event will stream on NIH VideoCast December 1, 2022, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET.
Each year, World AIDS Day offers an opportunity to celebrate the significant progress made toward ending the HIV pandemic, address the challenges that remain, and pay tribute to those who have lost their lives to HIV-related illnesses. Tune in this year to hear remarks from representatives across the federal government:
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Co-Founder & Co-Chair, Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus
- Harold Phillips, MRP, Director, Office of National AIDS Policy, Domestic Policy Council, Executive Office of the President
- Admiral Rachel L. Levine, M.D., U.S. Public Health Service and Assistant Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH
- Maureen M. Goodenow, Ph.D., Associate Director for AIDS Research and Director, Office of AIDS Research, NIH
Opening remarks will be followed by a live panel discussion with a distinguished group of participants. Viewers may submit questions for the panel by emailing OARinfo@nih.gov. For additional details, please see the NIH OAR World AIDS Day event webpage.