Date: December 16, 2021
HIV and AIDS: The Basics
Updated consumer fact sheets on the basics of HIV and AIDS are now available on HIVinfo. The updated fact sheets provide important information for people with HIV. Each fact sheet includes a summary of key points and links to additional information and resources.
View the updated fact sheets:
- HIV and AIDS: The Basics
- The HIV Life Cycle
- The Stages of HIV Infection
- What is Latent HIV Reservoir?
- HIV Testing
- FDA-Approved HIV Medicines
- What is an Investigational HIV Drug?
- What is a Therapeutic HIV Vaccine?
- What is a Preventive HIV Vaccine?
- HIV and AIDS Clinical Trials
Visit the Understanding HIV section of the HIVinfo website to browse the complete collection of HIVinfo’s consumer education materials, including fact sheets, infographics, and an HIV glossary.
Visit https://HIVinfo.NIH.gov/es/home-page to view the fact sheets in Spanish.